Are you unsure if your brother, sister, child, parent, co-worker, partner or friend is showing signs of having an addiction problem. Well, we are here to educate you on how to detect those signs.
(THIS CONTENT IS BEING USED FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY; ANY PERSON DEPICTED IN THE CONTENT IS A MODEL)
SIGNS OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE
- Bloodshot eyes
- Decreased appetite
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Deterioration of personal grooming habits
- Slurred speech
- Loss of motor control
- Unusual smells on breath, body, or clothing
- Drop in attendance or grades
- Decreased performance at work
- Unexplained need for money or financial problems
- Increased secrecy
- Sudden change in friends
- Change in personality or attitude
- Sudden mood swings
- Increased irritability
- Lack of motivation, lethargy
Please don’t feel naive to these signs that most people aren’t aware of unless they happen to be a fellow addict/ recovering addict themselves. We just wanted to give you some educational information if you seem to have any doubts.
We are always available at all hours for any questions or to help you get through this difficult time in your life.
If your or someone you love is struggling with substance abuse or addiction, please call toll-free 1-844-535-2700